Youth Protection Training (YPT)
Pack 608 requires each adult in the pack to complete Youth Protection Training. Training is valid for 2 years and then needs to be retaken.
Training can be taken at my.scouting.org. If you do not have an account on the site already you will need to make an account.
You can also take YPT on your phone using the mobile app. Instructions on how to use the app are below.
New MyScouting Mobile App is Available!
A new myScouting Mobile App is available now for both iPhone (iOS 9.0 or greater) and Android (4.4 or greater) devices. The new app features include:
- Access to training resources and take courses including Youth Protection Training*
- Track training completions
- Download or send by email completed training certificates
- Communicate with members within your organization level and below (for Key 3s and those having that access)
- Manage your profile
- Post and manage announcements and calendar events for your organization
- Access several Commissioner Tools
More features and updates will be added in future releases. Search for myscouting in the App Store or Google Play and download it today.
* NOTE: If logging in to my.scouting.org website from a Mac or mobile device using Safari’s latest version 11.0 (not the MyScouting Mobile app), there is a known issue where the YPT video/audio may not work. Below are the steps to resolve in Safari:
- Open Safari, click Preferences in the Safari drop down in the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Websites” tab, click “Auto-Play” under General - my.scouting.org should appear.
- Select “Allow All Auto-Play” from the drop down box.
- Then check the Plug-ins section on the bottom left of the same screen and confirm Adobe Flash Player and Java are both enabled.